Extra includes some modules that you can not find in the Divi Builder, which makes it perfect for a modern blog. These modules display posts in different ways in order to create magazine or blog layouts based on categories.
Extra blog WordPress theme is a powerful WordPress Theme from Elegant Themes. The Team of Elegant Themes has developed this blog theme with so many featured modules that focus on content.
Extra blog WordPress Theme
Still, Extra theme provides you with beautiful ways to display your posts in a modern way. It comes with the following modules:
- Blog feed Masonry
- Blog feed standard
- Code section
- featured Post slider
- Posts carouel
- Tabbed posts
These modules let you design your blog posts like modern magazines. These modules can be found in the Extra´s Category builder, where you can build unlimited category layouts.
The good thing about the Divi builder which is used maily in the moder DIVI WORDPRESS THEME included with the Extra blog WordPress Theme is that you have a magic section called template builder. This section allows you to build templates you can display in the front end of your blog. You have unlimited options you can take advantage of when creating a modern blog.
Using The Extra Blog WordPress Theme Template Builder
The Extra blog WordPress Theme is packed with the Divi Builder for free. What is Divi builder? This builder allows you to build beautiful blog templates without having any coding or design experience. You choose from tons of possibilites and ready-made template from the DIVI Gallery Or create your own from scratch.
1 – STEP
Go to your WordPress dashboard, then down to the Extra section and choose Template Builder. Fortunately, the Extra Theme comes with the Divi builder. This is interesting because along with the extra modules, you can also design other pages as you wish them. You can build a post tempalte that will showcase all your blog posts in one page in a list or as a grid:
- Go to Extra, then to Theme Builder
- Click on the plus icon to create your template
- Click on Add New Template. A modal will open and will allow you to choose where the layout should be displayed in your website.
- You will see two tabs: use on andexclude from. Choose to show the layout on all posts.
- You can choose to display the template for the blog, categories, tags create archive pages and mayn more
- Select which section you want to create a tempalte for and click on Create Template. The template in the example above will be set for the blog page.
- You will see anew theme builder module with the name of post type you selected from the drop down.
- I chose to create a template for my blog page where all posts I write will displayed in a grid layout.
- You can choose from two options: Build custom Body or Add from Library
- If you want to use a premade layout that you have already downloaded to your library, choose add from librabry
- choosing Build custom body, will take you to choose between three possibilities:
To build a custom template the divi builder opens visually and letßs you choose how you want to create this template. If you want to save time choose a premade layout as shown in the middle of the image above:
- There are many categories you can choose from
- There are more than 1300 layouts you can simple upload directly to yourwebsite and customize easily.
- Click on any of the alyouts displayed on this visual builder page
- then choose the blog tempalte of that layout
- then you can either view a demo or upload the layout directly.
- When you click on use this template, the Divi Builder will uplaod the diign as you see it on this page to your website.
- When you upload this tempalte you can start editing and customizing it according to your needs.
Extra Blog WordPress Theme
Useful Links and Resources
If you purchased what we recommend, we will make a small commission. The commission will not affect the original price you will pay. Please write the name of the companies on google to avoid the affiliate links below
- SiteGround Web Hosting Company The Best Web Hosting Web recommend.
- BlueHost WordPress Hosting Company Very trusted highly recommended & affordable
- Hostinger Web Hosting Has also very good rating in Web Hosting and it is cheap
- Premium WordPress Theme with unlimited Usage Divi is the ultimate WordPress Theme.
- Automatic Email Marketing Collect and send automatic E-mails
- WordPress.com Security & PErformance Plugin – JetPack WordPress has paid services as well
- WordPress Website Backup Plugin A backup plugin for your Website is a must-have.
- Fiverr This is where you can hire good developers starting from $5
- Sucuri Security WordPress Plugin. The best on the market